- Sponsored By: Frigo® (Saputo Cheese)
- Featured Product: Frigo® Ricotta Cheese, Frigo® Mozzarella Cheese, Frigo® Parmesan Cheese
A delightfully delicious twist on a traditional lasagna dish!
- 1 (15-oz.) container Frigo® Ricotta cheese
- 1 (16-oz.) pkg. Frigo® Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 (5-oz.) wedge Frigo® Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 lb. cooked chicken, shredded or finely chopped
- 3 cups coarsley chopped fresh baby spinach
- 1 (24 to 26-oz.) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth or water
- 12 uncooked lasagna noodles
Preheat oven to 375º F.
Mix Ricotta cheese and egg in bowl. Stir in spinach, 3 cups Mozzarella cheese and 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Reserve remaining Mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
Spread 1 cup spaghetti sauce in bottom of 13 x 9-inch glass baking dish. Top with 3 noodles lengthwise. Place the fourth noodle crosswise, breaking noodle to fit. Layer with 1/2 of the cheese and spinach mixture, 1/2 the cooked chicken and 1 cup sauce. Repeat layers once. Top with remaining 4 noodles, cheese and spinach mixture and remaining chicken.
Cover baking dish with aluminum foil. Bake in 375º F oven until noodles are tender and sauce is bubbly, about 50 minutes. Remove foil. Sprinkle lasagna with reserved cheeses. Bake uncovered until cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.
Remove lasagna from oven and let stand, loosely covered, for about 15 minutes before serving.