- Sponsored By: Frigo® (Saputo Cheese)
- Featured Product: Frigo® Ricotta Cheese, Frigo® Mozzarella Cheese, Frigo® Parmesan Cheese, Frigo® Romano Cheese
Feast on these vegetable and cheese-stuffed noodles.
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 2/3 cup packaged matchstick carrots or shredded carrots*
- 2/3 cup sliced baby bella or button mushrooms*
- 1/2 cup chopped onion*
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini*
- 1 Tbsp. bottled chopped garlic
- 1/2 tsp.salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2 cups Frigo® Part Skim Ricotta cheese
- 1 cup Frigo® Shredded Mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup Frigo® grated fresh Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 10 whole-wheat or regular lasagna noodles, cooked
- Cooking spray
- 1-1/2 cups bottled light tomato and basil pasta sauce
*Many stores offer pre-chopped vegetables to save time.
Preheat oven to 375°.
Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add carrots and next 6 ingredients; sauté 4 minutes. Remove from heat; set aside.
Combine Ricotta, 1/2 cup Mozzarella, 1/4 cup Parmesan, basil, and egg; stir well. Stir in sautéed vegetables and vinegar.
Spread about 1/2 cup vegetable-cheese mixture down the center of each noodle, and roll up. Place rolls, seam side down, in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
Spoon sauce evenly over rolls. Cover with non-stick foil or foil coated with cooking spray. Bake, covered, at 375° for 20 to 25 minutes. Sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/2 cup Mozzarella and 1/4 cup Parmesan; bake, covered, an additional 5 minutes.