- Sponsored By: Frigo® (Saputo Cheese)
- Featured Product: Frigo® Ricotta Cheese, Frigo® Mozzarella Cheese, Frigo® Parmesan Cheese, Frigo® Romano Cheese
Enjoy all the hearty flavors of a classic lasagna with only half of the work.
- 1-1/2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (24 to 26-oz.) jar spaghetti sauce with mushrooms
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 cups (6-oz.) uncooked rotini pasta
- 1 (15-oz.) container Frigo® Ricotta cheese (whole milk or part-skim)
- 1 cup freshly shredded Frigo® Mozzarella cheese (whole milk or part-skim)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Frigo® Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil or Italian parsley
Brown ground beef with onion in 12-inch skillet over medium heat until beef is not pink, about 10 minutes. Drain.
Stir in spaghetti sauce, water and salt; bring to a boil. Stir in pasta; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, until pasta is almost tender, about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, mix cheeses and basil; set aside.
Spoon cheese mixture in 12 dollops on top of lasagna; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until pasta is tender and cheese is slightly melted, about 10 minutes. Serve with additional grated Parmesan cheese, as desired.