A comforting cheddar broccoli soup, ready in 15 minutes!
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 bag (12-oz.) Steamfresh® Broccoli Florets, cooked according to pkg. directions
- 1 cup cheese flavored croutons, (optional)
Melt butter in large saucepot over medium heat and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until softened. Sprinkle with flour and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute or until golden brown.
Slowly whisk in broth and bring to a boil over high heat.
Reduce heat to low and add cheese. Cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Stir in prepared Broccoli. Season, if desired, with salt and pepper. Serve, topped with croutons.