Cheesy Cheddar, Bacon and Jalapeño Biscuts Bring the Heat to Michael Angelo's Shrimp Scampi. Thank you to Charbel at My Latina Table for sharing this recipe with us!
2 Cups of All Purpose Flour
1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
1 tablespoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon of salt
1 cup of buttermilk
1 cup of cheddar cheese, shredded
2 jalapeno peppers, de-seeded and diced
3-4 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
5 tablespoons of unsalted butter
1/4 red onion, diced
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees
2. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and beat with an electric mixer.
3. Cut the butter into small pieces and add to the flour mixture from above, and continue mixing until crumbly.
4. Add the buttermilk to the mixture and mix until combined.
5. Add jalapenos, bacon, and cheddar cheese and mix until just combined.
6. Move the dough to a floured surface and knead dough for about a minute and form a circle of about 1/2 - 1 inches thick.
7. Use a cookie cutter or the top of a cup to cut out the biscuits, using all of the dough.
8. Put the biscuits on a previously greased baking sheet.
9. Bake for 12-15 minute, until golden brown.