A one-skillet breakfast fit for a fiesta
• 10 José Olé® Beef Taquitos with Corn Tortillas, thawed and chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
• 6 large eggs
• 3 Tbsp. milk
• 1/2 cup shredded Monterey jack or pepper jack cheese
• 3/4 tsp. salt, divided
• 3/4 tsp. pepper, divided
• 1 Tbsp. butter
• 2 Tbsp. canola oil
• 3/4 cup chopped red onion, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
• 3/4 cup chopped green bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
• 3 cups packed frozen shredded hash browns
• Salsa verde, if desired
• Sliced avocados, if desire
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a large bowl, preferably with a pouring spout, whisk together the eggs, milk, cheese, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; set aside.
Add the butter and oil to a 10-inch cast iron skillet and heat over medium-high heat until hot. Add the red onion and green bell pepper; cook until soft. Stir in the shredded potatoes and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; cook until golden brown and tender, stirring often, about 10 minutes.
Add the sliced Taquitos to the skillet and gently stir to combine. Pour the egg mixture over the potato mixture and bake in oven for 10-12 minutes or until set. Remove from oven and cut into wedges. Serve with salsa verde and garnish with avocado slices, if desired.
Recipes by: Lorie R.