- Sponsored By: Cool Food Panel
Celebrating Back to School Month with a great breakfast recipe to get your little ones going by our Cool Food Panelist Alison Lewis from Ingredients, Inc.
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp/ freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen edamame beans, thawed
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- 1 cup salsa (store-bought)
- 4 (8-inch) flour or whole wheat tortillas, warmed
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 avocados, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
In a bowl, whisk together eggs, salt and pepper.
In a medium skillet melt butter over medium heat. Saute eggs for 3 to 4 minutes or until scrambled. Set aside.
In a large nonstick skillet over low heat, combine beans, corn and tomatoes. Stir in salsa and saute for 5 to 10 minutes or until heated and slightly thickened.
Place tortillas on a work surface. Divide egg mixture equally in center of each tortilla. Arrange cheese avocados and cilantro equally over top, if desired. Fold both ends over filling then roll up tortilla. Serve immediately.