Borden® Cheesy Flatbread Pizza
- 1 12-inch piece of cracker bread or flatbread
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil, plus a small amount for brushing
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) Borden® Cheese Mild Cheddar Shreds
- 8 strips thick sliced bacon, cooked crisp and broken into 1- inch pieces
- 4 whole garlic cloves, sliced
- 4 plum tomatoes, sliced
- ½ red onion, cut in strips
- ¼ cup chopped Italian parsley
1. PREHEAT oven to 400°F.
2. BRUSH the bread with a small amount of olive oil and place on cookie sheet. Spread 1½ cups cheese evenly around the bread. Top evenly with bacon pieces.
3. HEAT 1 tbsp. olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat until hot. Add the sliced garlic cloves and sauté until lightly browned. Sprinkle onto the pizza. Arrange sliced tomatoes and red onions over the pizza.
4. ADD parsley to the remaining ½ cup cheese and spread over other ingredients.
5. BAKE for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut into squares and serve immediately. Garnish with fresh basil leaves, if desired.