No need for takeout with this easy recipe for shrimp fried rice.
- 1 1/2 cups long grain white rice
- 1 Tbsp. Crystal Farms® butter or margarine
- 8-oz. Better'n Eggs®
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 lb. cooked small shrimp (cocktail size), thawed if frozen
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp. chili sauce with garlic *
Cook rice according to package directions.
Meanwhile, in 12-inch nonstick skillet melt butter over medium heat. Add Better'n Eggs®. As egg starts to set use spatula to lift edge of cooked eggs letting uncooked egg flow to bottom of skillet. Cook until eggs are set but still moist. Slide eggs out onto large dinner plate. Cut egg into long strips; cover to keep warm.
Add red pepper, mushrooms and green onion to skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are crisp tender (3 to 5 minutes). Add shrimp and cooked white rice. Cook until shrimp and rice are heated through.
In small bowl combine soy sauce, sesame oil and chili sauce; mix well. Pour into rice mixture. Add egg strips. Cook, stirring gently, until heated.
* Chili sauce with garlic can be found in the Oriental food section of your grocery store.