- 1 lb. Italian sausage
- 5 cups (about 3/4 lb.) French bread, cut into 1-in. cubes
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium zucchini, cut in half lengthwise, sliced 1/4-in. thick
- 15-oz. (1 can) diced tomatoes, drained
- 16-oz. Better'n Eggs®
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 tsp. dried basil leaves
- 1-2 tsp. cayenne pepper sauce
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups (8-oz.) Crystal Farms® Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Cook Italian sausage in 10-inch skillet until browned; drain grease. Spray 13x9 inch glass baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Cover bottom of pan with cubed bread. Layer bread with cooked sausage, mushrooms, zucchini and diced tomatoes.
In medium bowl combine Better'n Eggs®, milk, basil, pepper sauce and salt; mix well with wire whisk or fork. Pour mixture over vegetables. Sprinkle evenly with cheese. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 6 hours or overnight.
Heat oven to 350°F. Uncover strata. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until Better'n Eggs® are almost set in the center and edges are golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes; cut into 8 pieces.