Make your panini an English muffin panini with this tasty sun-dried tomato caprese panini recipe!
- 4 Bays English Muffins, split
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into 16 slices
- 6 Tbsp. sliced oil packed sundried tomatoes, drained
- 2 Tbsp. regular or reduced balsamic vinegar
- 8 large fresh basil leaves
- ½ cup arugula or other lettuce
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
Brush the cut sides of the English muffins with one tablespoon of the oil. Place the bottom half of each muffin on a work surface, cut side up, and top each with 1 slice of the cheese, one fourth of the sundried tomatoes, 1 ½ teaspoons balsamic vinegar, 2 basil leaves, 2 tablespoons arugula and the remaining cheese slices. Season with the pepper. Place the top half of each muffin on top of the cheese. Brush the outside of each sandwich with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil.
Preheat your panini maker according to manufacturer’s direction. Depending on the size of your maker, place one or two English muffin sandwiches onto it and close lid to slightly flatten. Cook until the paninis are toasted and the cheese has melted, about 4-5 minutes. Repeat with the remaining English muffin sandwiches. Transfer to a cutting board and let cool 1 minute before cutting in half and serving.