Applewood smoked bacon, gargonzola cheese crumbles, basil pesto, tomato, and arugula all sandwiched between sourdough English muffins. So easy, so tasty!
- 4 Bays Sourdough English Muffins, split and lightly toasted
- 8 slices thick-cut applewood smoked bacon
- 1/4 cup gorgonzola cheese crumbles, divided
- 1 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 4 thick slices ripe tomato
- 2 Tbsp. basil pesto, divided
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup baby arugula, loosely packed, divided
Cook bacon until crisp in a large skillet set over medium heat, turning frequently. Set aside.
Mix together gorgonzola and mayonnaise, mashing gorgonzola to create a thick, smooth spread. Spoon 1 tablespoon gorgonzola spread onto each toasted muffin bottom. Top with 2 slices of cooked bacon and a slice of tomato. Spread 1-1/2 teaspoons pesto on each muffin top. Set aside.
Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet set over medium heat, and crack eggs into skillet. Cook until egg whites are firm, but yolks are still slightly runny, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and use a spatula to separate eggs and remove from pan, placing one egg on top of each tomato slice. Top each with 1/4 cup loosely packed arugula, then muffin tops. Serve immediately.