This dish is a hearty meal full of flavor that friends and family will love.
- 1 lb. ziti or mostaccioli pasta
- 1 26-29-oz. jar marinara sauce
- 1 15-oz. container Frigo® Ricotta cheese
- 8-oz. (half of a 1 lb. package) Frigo® Mozzarella cheese, chopped or shredded
- 12-oz. (3/4 lb.) cooked meatballs, thawed if frozen
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Cook pasta in pot of boiling salted water according to package directions. Drain in colander, and return hot pasta to cooking pot. Stir in 1/4 cup of marinara sauce.
Spread 1 cup marinara sauce in bottom of 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Layer with half the pasta, half the Ricotta cheese, and half the Mozzarella cheese. Push meatballs into mixture, dispersing evenly. Layer with 1 cup sauce, remaining pasta and remaining Ricotta cheese. Lastly, top with remaining sauce and remaining Mozzarella cheese.
Bake until top is golden and cheese is melted, about 25 minutes. Serve hot.