- Sponsored By: Cool Food Panel
Our new Cool Food Panelist, Billy Parisi, is celebrating National March Frozen Food Month with a spicy take on breakfast, try his 3 Cheese Mexican Frittata Salsa Fresca for your brunch recipe!
- 1 Tbsp. of unsalted butter
- 2 cups of Jimmy Dean® Sausage Skillet blend
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 1 cup of shredded cheese (Colby, Monterey Jack, Pepper Jack)
- 16-oz. can of fire roasted tomatoes
- 1/2 small diced sweet onion
- 1 small diced jalapeno
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 Tbsp. of chopped cilantro
- Avocado, tortillas, refried beans and cooked rice for garnish
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
In a large bowl whisk together eggs, cream, salt and pepper and set aside.
In a blender, blend togehter tomatoes, onions, garlic, jalapenos and cilantro until smooth. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
In a cast iron skillet on high heat with butter, saute Jimmy Dean® Sausage Skillet blend for 3 to 4 minutes.
Next, add in the egg mixture and using a rubber spatula move the eggs and sausage blend back and forth for 2 to 3 minutes and then place the iron skillet in the oven and cook on 375F for 5 to 7 minutes or until the eggs are cooked.
When the eggs are done in the oven, garnish with cheese and salsa fresca.
Serve alongside avocados, tortillas, rice and beans.