Try this new way to combine the flavors of tacos in an easy pasta dish.
- 12 ounces (4 cups)uncooked dried rotini pasta
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (1.25-ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- Water, according to package directions
- 1/4 cup Land O Lakes® Butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups Land O Lakes® Half & Half
- 1 pound sliced Land O Lakes® Deli American, cut into quarters
- 1 cup corn chips, crushed
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
Heat oven to 350°F. Cook pasta according to package directions until still slightly firm. Drain.
Cook ground beef in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat until browned; drain fat. Add taco seasoning and water according to package directions; cook according to package directions.
Melt butter in 3-quart saucepan until sizzling; stir in flour. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 1 minute or until smooth and bubbly. Add half & half; reduce heat to medium-low. Add cheese; cook, stirring occasionally, 3-4 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
Stir in cooked pasta and ground beef mixture. Spoon into ungreased 3-quart casserole.
Sprinkle crushed corn chips over macaroni and cheese. Bake 20-25 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and turning brown on edges.
Serve with lettuce, tomatoes and sour cream.