Banana Split Waffles
- 1 frozen waffle, toasted lightly and cooled
- 1 banana
- 3 large scoops of ice cream, flavors of your choice
- Chocolate syrup or fudge
- Frozen whipped topping
- Nuts, cherries and more toppings of your choice
Slice banana into four sections; place on waffle. Top with ice cream, whipped topping, chocolate sauce and all of your favorite toppings.
Waffles and Ice Cream with Strawberry Sauce
- 6 frozen waffles, toasted
- 1/2 gal. vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt
- 12-oz. (1 1/2 cup) frozen strawberry slices
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
Toast waffles according to package directions. For sauce, combine strawberries, cornstarch, lemon juice and sugar into a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook until berries have broken down (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat and cool. To serve, place a large scoop of ice cream in each waffle and top with strawberry sauce and other garnishes.
Strawberry-Topped Waffles with Sweet Cream Sauce
- 3-oz. reduced fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup fat-free half and half
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla
- 4 frozen waffles
- 1 cup frozen strawberry slices
Combine cream cheese, half and half, sugar and vanilla in a blender; blend until smooth. Toast waffles according to package directions. Spoon sweet cream sauce over waffles and top with strawberries. Makes 4 servings (1 waffle, 2 Tablespoons sweet cream sauce, 1/4 cup strawberries).
Whole Wheat Waffles with Fruit and Honey Sauce
- 8 frozen whole wheat waffles
- 1 cup honey
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- Dash of ground nutmeg
- Frozen fruits of your choice (thawed)
Prepare waffles according to package directions. In a saucepan, heat honey over low heat, stir in butter, cinnamon and nutmeg. Top waffles with fruit and warm honey sauce.